I love talking about travel and I’m not shy!
I’ve spoken at writers’ conferences, travel shows, and travel industry gatherings. I’ve also conducted workshops for travelers, and for ten years I taught travel writing at the University of California San Diego. I’m very comfortable being interviewed on a wide variety of travel topics, and I really enjoy interacting with fellow travelers and travel industry colleagues.
The Gathering Road on the Women’s Radio Network: I’ve done lots of radio interviews. They’ve all been fun, but I especially enjoyed this one about authentic luxury travel. Host Elaine Masters asked all the right questions and skillfully guided the conversation.
The Travel Planners Show on the Global American Network: On these MP3s you’ll hear me talking with Kevin McCarthy about Authentic Luxury Travel
Travel Planners Radio Show interview with Elizabeth Hansen
- San Diego Travel & Adventure Show: It was fun being the emcee at the San Diego Travel & Adventure Show at the San Diego Convention Center . I had an on-going conversation with the audience, and I introduced The Travel Channel’s Samantha Brown and Don Wildman, as well as Leo Logothetis, Patricia Schultz, and Jorge Meraz.
- SD TravFest: At this great event, I spoke to an enthusiastic audience about “How to Deeply, Personally, Authentically Cross-Culturally Connect.” It was a real joy to share my thoughts on this topic because Authentic Luxury Travel is the focus of my writing life. My presentation was based on my 12-step program for tourists who want to be real travelers, and I also touched on ways to make trips more meaningful by including voluntourism experiences.
- PATA, San Diego chapter: I was happy to suggest a speaker for a recent SAN PATA meeting. Over the years, I’ve made many valuable travel connections online. Of these, Van Nguyen is one of the most significant. Our friendship grew out of a discussion about luxury travel in a LinkedIn group. We recently met face-to-face for the first time when he visited the U.S. to promote his business Vietnam Alive. It was my great pleasure to introduce him at the meeting.
What others are saying:
- AFAR Magazine, Featured Traveler profile by Kim Fortson: “Elizabeth Hansen shares a trait most travelers recognize: the inability to sit still. No matter how much she enjoys exploring exotic destinations, though, she still embraces the beauty of her home. And that is something all travelers come to know.”
- Travel Writing on Location: “Elizabeth started Authentic Luxury Travel because she has a passion for people-to-people travel connections.“
- Ranch & Coast, Mia S. Park, Executive Editor/Associate Publisher: “I truly enjoy working with Elizabeth. She is professional, pleasant, thorough, and very passionate about what she does — all of which shines through in her work. We feel very fortunate to have her on our team.”
- Marlane Agriesti Mirello, owner of Il Campo Cucina cooking school in Tuscany: “Authentic Luxury Travel is the most reliable travel website on the Internet.”
- Johnny Jet: Travel Style — Elizabeth Hansen
- Maria Desiderata Montana, author of SAN DIEGO CHEF’S TABLE and FOOD LOVERS’ GUIDE TO SAN DIEGO, Owner/Publisher of San Diego Food Finds. “Elizabeth is the Master when it comes to travel in San Diego and anywhere around the world for that matter. No one does it better! I highly recommend her informative and beautiful websites to anyone interested in travel information of any kind. I always turn to Elizabeth for my travel plans and feel secure that she will steer me in the right direction. Elizabeth is not only courteous and professional, she is fun to work with and is always willing to help no matter what!”